New Antenna Mast
I set out today with the intentions of simply adding a 3-element yagi to my existing mediocre antenna mast just to ensure I can get into one of my local repeaters until warmer weather arrives and we can make repairs. That plan quickly turned into completely re-doing my U/VHF base setup. I was formerly using a similar mount as shown below however it was much smaller and weaker. I decided to re-purpose the mount DirecTV graciously left with me a few years ago and I think it turned out well. Below are a few pictures showing the old satellite mount, RadioShack rotator, 2m/70cm yagi, and 2m/70cm Super J-Pole. Now working better than ever!